Friday 9 September 2011

A Fantastic Day!

I want to start today's blog by thanking everyone who has been reading my blog and supporting me and the family through the start of our vegan challenge journey. I appreciate the comments I've received via the blog, Facebook, email and even the phone calls from friends and family - please keep them coming, I find them very encouraging and helpful!

Today was a great day. My husband and I went on a date this evening and had a wonderful dinner at Buddha's Veggie Restaurant. We actually used to go there quite frequently during university when I was a vegetarian, but when the restaurant owners moved their location from Southland Crossing to Macleod Trail we stopped going.  As soon as our "Veggie Ginger Beef" arrived at our table and I bit into a piece of it I was delighted - it was even better than I remembered! If I'm being very honest, I don't actually know that the dish met the unrefined sugar requirement that we've been trying to follow - the "Veggie Ginger Beef" tasted quite sweet and though the lady working there said it was "vegan" I didn't actually ask about the type of sweetener they used, and really, I didn't want to know . . . oops.

We finished off our date planning a menu and shopping for groceries for a dinner we will be hosting tomorrow night. We stopped by Community Natural Foods close to Chinook Centre and spent a good hour going through the store, aisle by aisle. We did find some great deals in the "priced to clear" produce section - a five pound bag of organic apples for $5.50 and approximately five pounds of organic tomatoes for about the same price. I've already decided I'm going to make some tomato basil soup with the tomatoes . . . yummy. Another delightful item we purchased that I can't wait to try is a small container of edible flowers - they looked so beautiful I couldn't resist!    


I'm keeping it short and sweet tonight - we're off to bed to catch up on some much needed rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment