Tuesday 4 October 2011

On the Eve of the Final Day

Last night I decided to convert a Company's Coming Carrot Spice Muffin recipe into a vegan friendly snack. The muffins were quite healthy so we had them for breakfast this morning. I've gotta say, I'm very impressed with the egg replacer I've been using - from my experiences I've found it works very well in baking.

Lunch was tomato-basil soup I pulled out of the freezer from four weeks ago. This time I made some croutons using some stale bread cubes I had in the pantry - they were perfect with the soup and were undoubtedly the reason I went back for a second helping.

Dinner was inspired by the harvest from my sister-in-law's place yesterday. I decided to cut up some of the beets, carrots, onions and potatoes and bake them in the oven, along with some canola oil, garlic and Dymond Lake Seasoning. By the way, if you're looking for some great non-vegan cookbooks (though I'm sure there are plenty of ways to make many of the recipes vegan friendly), check out the link I've attached to Dymond Lake Seasoning. The cookbooks are amazing and I happen to have all four of their main ones, which were given to my husband and I by one of the authors, Marie Woolsey, as a wedding gift.


The root veggies were served with leftover jasmine rice with stir fried celery and onions and some sprouted beans with grape tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil with rosemary and balsamic vinegar. The dinner was delicious!


Well, it's been 30 days since I started my blog and tomorrow is the final day of our 30 day vegan challenge. One thing I know for sure is that I feel like I have so much more to say about this lifestyle and have made the decision to carry on with this blog in some capacity after the challenge has ended. My final verdict on this "vegan thing" will be revealed in tomorrow's post, so please stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment